This salad is a mixture of rice, scallions, pistachios, pomegranate, chickpeas, mint leaves, etc. It’s so delicious that we make it in fall and winter long!
- 4 cups cooked long grain rice, any kind - see options below
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch scallions, white and green parts, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup toasted, chopped pistachios
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup pomegranate arils
- ⅓ cup fresh mint leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Roasted Chickpeas, optional
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice, plus 1 teaspoon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, orange juice, zest, lemon juice, maple syrup, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, salt, and a pinch of pepper. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the scallions, garlic, pinches of salt, and pepper and cook for 1 minute until soft. Reduce heat to low and add the cooked rice, using the back of a wooden spoon to break up any clumps. Heat until warmed through. Turn off the heat and stir in the dressing, pistachios, parsley, and pomegranates. Top with mint leaves and roasted chickpeas, if using. Season to taste and serve.