Just make sure that you’re starting with the recipe that should be brought to room temperature!
- 1 standing rib roast (about 1/2 pound per person)
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 bunch fresh rosemary
- Remove rib roast from packaging and place in a roasting pan. Let’s come to room temperature for about 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 450º.
- Generously cover all sides of the rib roast with salt and pepper. Place roast in a roasting pan fat-side up. Arrange half the rosemary in the bottom of the pan around the roast.
- Roast for 30 minutes, then reduce heat to 350º and cook for 1 hour 30 minutes more for medium-rare. (Plan on about 15 minutes per pound.)
- Remove roast from oven, cover with foil, and let rest 20 minutes.
- To serve, slice along ribs to remove them, then separate each rib and put them aside. Slice the roast crossways against the grain. Serve on a platter with the ribs and the remaining half fresh rosemary.