A variation from overnight oats recipe from Alli Shircliff. This is for anyone who doesn’t/can’t eat
oatmeal but wants a delicious, fast, and healthy breakfast. This uses buckwheat flakes–not the cereal
flakes but rolled and flaked buckwheat. They look very similar to oatmeal flakes but are much smaller.
Mix in agave and berries. Eat and enjoy!
- ¼ cup buckwheat flakes
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut, divided
- 1 teaspoon flax seed meal
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla powder
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons mixed berries
- 1 teaspoon agave
1. Combine buckwheat, chia seeds, 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut, flax seed meal, cinnamon, and vanilla
powder in a jar; stir until well mixed. Stir in milk; cover. Place in the refrigerator, 8 hours to
2. Stir buckwheat mixture. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir in mixed berries, remaining
coconut, and agave.