Nutella hot chocolate is a tasty twist on classic hot chocolate. It’s chocolatey, creamy, and nutty – all because of an easy combo of milk simmered with the simplest homemade Nutella. Swap chocolate for Nutella during this twist on cocoa , then top with cream for added indulgence. Try our Nutella hot chocolate recipe.
- 120g Nutella
- 1 litre whole milk
- a generous pinch ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp soft light brown sugar
- 100ml single cream
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- 4 tbsp (optional) rum
- squirty cream
- chocolate flakes, fingers or wafers
- chocolate chips, fudge chunks or mini marshmallows
- cinnamon sticks
- Put the Nutella and milk into a large pan and gently warm over a low heat until melted and combined. Add the ground cinnamon.
- Add the sugar, cream and chocolate, and continue to heat gently, stirring until combined. Stir in the rum, if using, then serve in mugs topped with whipped cream and your choice of toppings.