This is my mom’s no-bake snack mix recipe, and it is so far better than the traditional snack mix recipes out there. It’s tangy, spicy, and insanely addicting! I make it for my coworkers for Christmas and always get requests for the recipe. What’s nice about it is you can vary the proportion of snacks that are in…more oyster crackers, fewer pretzels, etc. For reference, it makes probably 2 plastic gallon bags’ worth of mix. This also freezes well to remain fresh longer.
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons salt-free seasoning blend (such as Mrs. Dash® Table Blend)
- 1 ½ tablespoons dried dill weed
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry ranch dressing mix (such as Hidden Valley Ranch®)
- 17 ½ ounces crunchy cheese puffs (such as Cheetos®)
- 15 ounces savory snack mix with toasted cereal (such as Chex® Mix)
- 15 ounces mini pretzels
- 12 ounces oyster crackers
- Whisk oil, seasoning blend, dill, and cayenne together in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium (50%) power for 3 minutes; this helps the oil to become a little thinner and easier to cover snack mix. Whisk in ranch mix until blended.
- Place cheese puffs, savory snack mix, pretzels, and oyster crackers into a large container or a large paper bag. Pour oil mixture in a little at a time, stirring to evenly distribute.