This fried rice is a mixture of various healthy ingredients such as Paneer, mushroom, garlic, cloves, lime etc.. this will make our body energitic and active for the whole day. This is a dish which can be your favourite in your busy days.
- 20g ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- ½ green chilli, roughly chopped
- 3 tsp vegetable oil
- 45g paneer, cut into 1cm cubes
- 250g cooked brown basmati rice
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 80g chestnut mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 50g frozen peas
- 1 spring onion, trimmed and finely chopped
- ½ tsp mild curry powder
- a small handful of coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- Blitz the ginger, garlic and chilli in a mini food processor until a smooth paste forms, adding 1-2 tsp of water to loosen if needed. Put the paneer in a small bowl along with half the paste and stir to coat. Leave to marinate for 30 minutes if you can.
- Put a wok over a high heat. Add 1 tsp of the oil and, once shimmering, add the paneer. Cook, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate and cover.
- Add another tsp of oil to the wok and return to the heat. Add the rice and stir-fry until heated through. Scrape the rice into a bowl. Add the final tsp of oil to the wok and stir-fry the carrot and mushrooms for 1 minute, then add the peas and spring onion. Stir-fry for a further minute then add the remaining ginger paste along with the curry powder. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the rice and paneer back into the pan. Toss everything together then remove from the heat and stir in the coriander and lime juice.