This simple summer-y pasta has it all: tender, garlicky morsels of eggplant, a cheesy panko topping, and
lots of fresh basil. Just add your favorite pasta and you’ve got dinner!
- 1 1/2 lb. eggplant, cut into 1” cubes
- 1/2 c. plus 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, 2 smashed, 2 grated or finely minced, divided
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/4 c. thinly sliced basil, plus more for serving
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/3 c. panko bread crumbs
- 4 oz. feta, crumbled (about ½ c.)
- 1/2 lb. medium-sized pasta, like rigatoni
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Combine eggplant, ½ cup oil, smashed garlic cloves, and oregano in a 9”-x-
13” baking dish. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes and bake until eggplant is
extremely tender and golden, stirring every 10 minutes, for about 40 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, make topping: In a medium bowl, combine panko, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and
¼ of the crumbled feta.
3. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente according to package directions.
4. When eggplant is cooked, stir in sliced basil, lemon juice, and grated garlic. Season to taste with
salt and pepper.
5. Switch oven to broil. Transfer cooked pasta and remaining crumbled feta to baking dish with
eggplant and stir to combine. Top with panko mixture and broil until golden. Top with basil and