Spice-boiled peanuts are famous in someplace. It really is as easy as boiling water.
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp. Szechuan peppercorns
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds
- 1" piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 1/2 tsp. whole cloves
- 1 c. raw, unroasted peanuts
- 2 1/2 c. water
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1/4 tsp. MSG
1. Using cheesecloth or a coffee filter secured with butcher’s twine, make a spice sachet with
cinnamon, Szechuan peppercorn, fennel seeds, ginger, and cloves. Place sachet with remaining
ingredients into a medium pot.
2. Place pot over medium heat and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and
continue simmering until peanuts are tender, about 30 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Let peanuts cool in liquid to room temperature, then drain before serving.