This is an aromatic beef chili recipe to prepare at home with all the species like cumin, chili, dried oregano, black pepper, etc.
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 large white onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1 1/2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (15-oz) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (28-oz) can crushed tomatoes
- Shredded cheddar
- Sour cream
- Thinly sliced green onions
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more, then add tomato paste, stirring to combine. Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Drain fat and return to heat.
- Add chili powder, cumin, oregano, paprika, cayenne (if using), and season generously with salt and pepper. Pour in kidney beans and crushed tomatoes and bring chili to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes. Season with more salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Ladle into bowls and top with cheddar, sour cream, and green onions.