These easy enchiladas are the perfect hearty meal. They are packed with ground beef, black beans made really cheesy and delicious with a sprinkling of Monterey Jack and cheddar cheese.
- FOR ENCHILADAS
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (19-oz.) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (15-oz.) can corn, drained
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2/3 c. shredded Monterey jack
- 1/3 c. shredded cheddar
- FOR TOPPING
- Quartered grape tomatoes
- Diced avocado
- Finely chopped onion
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Drain fat.
- Return beef mixture to skillet over medium heat. Add chili powder and cumin and season with salt and pepper, then stir in enchilada sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook until sauce thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in corn and black beans.
- Add a large scoop of meat mixture onto each tortilla and roll up. Place rolled up tortillas side by side in a 9″-x-13″ baking dish and top with cheeses.
- Bake until cheese is melty, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Garnish with tomatoes, avocado, onion, and cilantro.