Honestly, we love this crispy veggie version. This crunchy cauliflower will feel like you're eating chicken
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. panko bread crumbs
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. BBQ sauce
- 1/2 c. packed light brown sugar
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Ranch dressing, for serving (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine flour and cauliflower, Toss until fully coated.
2. Set up a dredging station: In one bowl, add panko breadcrumbs and in another bowl whisk eggs
and add 2 tablespoons water. Dip cauliflower in beaten eggs, then panko until fully coated.
Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and season generously with salt and pepper.
3. Bake until golden and crispy, 20 to 25 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over low heat, warm barbecue sauce, brown sugar, lime juice,
and garlic powder.
5. Coat baked cauliflower in sauce and serve with ranch or rice, if desired.