This vegetarian chickpeas dinner is loaded with high-protein veggies: peeled sweet potatoes, carrots, and russet potatoes. All these veggies need to be cut in the same size or they won’t be cooked properly.
- 2 (15 ounces) cans of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ butternut squash - peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 medium russet potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 2 green onions, chopped (Optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a large sheet pan.
2. Place chickpeas, butternut squash, onion, sweet potato, carrots, and russet potatoes on the prepared sheet pan. Drizzle with vegetable oil and toss to coat.
3. Combine salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, ground fennel seeds, and rubbed sage in a bowl. Sprinkle over vegetables on the sheet pan and toss to coat.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Stir and bake until vegetables are soft and lightly browned and chickpeas are slightly crisp, 20 to 25 minutes more. Season with additional salt and black pepper to taste, and top with chopped green onion before serving.