Learn how to prepare tom Kha Gai, the yummy Thai hot soup: discover all the ingredients and how to make it on Fine Dining Lovers. A Thai soup filled with Asian scents and flavors. Tom Kha soup may be a perfect dish to feature slight spice to your table. Accompany it with some pilaf rice and it’ll become a stimulating and irresistible single dish. The ingredients are many, but the arrangement is simple: here is the recipe, step by step.
- Coconut oil-1 tablespoon
- Garlic-2 cloves
- Red Pepper Flakes-1 teaspoon
- Coriander-1 sprig
- Chicken Stock-1 lt
- Curry-2 tablespoons of Thai red curry
- Fish Sauce-3 tablespoons
- Coconut milk-200 ml
- Brown sugar-1 tablespoon
- Button Mushrooms-200 g
- Chicken Breasts-300 g
- Ginger-One piece
- To prepare tom kha soup, start by finely slicing the onion.
- Peel and slice the garlic. Wash the leek and cut it into rings. Remove the outer part of the ginger and slice it.
- In a pan, heat the coconut oil, then add the onion, leek, garlic, ginger and curry paste. Also add the chilli and let it brown for a few minutes until the onion is wilted.
- Meanwhile, clean and slice the mushrooms. Also slice the lime into wedges, leaving one half intact.
- Add the chicken broth to the pan, lower the heat and reduce for about 20 minutes.
- Now add the chopped chicken, mushrooms and coconut milk.
- Mix well and add the sugar and fish sauce. Return to the heat for another 5 minutes, then turn off and flavour with the juice of half a lime.
- Serve the soup with fresh coriander.
You can also make an excellent vegetarian tom kha soup using only mushrooms and zucchini. If you prefer fish, you can use shrimp instead of chicken. If coriander is too overpowering for you, replace with fresh parsley.