Kids like to add maple syrup on top of the mashed pancakes. It is very easy to prepare with the leftover potatoes for your breakfast, and it is served with maple syrup.
- Potatoes 650 g, floury, peeled
- All Purpose Flour 3 tbsp
- Baking Powder 1 1/2 tsp
- Milk 125 ml
- Eggs 6
- Sugar 75 g
- Clarified Butter for frying
- Maple Syrup
- Cook the potatoes in hot salt water for around 25 minutes.
- Drain, mash and leave to cool.
- Add the flour and the baking powder to the potatoes.
- Mix together the milk, eggs, and sugar and season with a pinch of salt and some nutmeg.
- Add this to the potatoes, mix well and leave to rest for 20 minutes.
- Mix again and then shape into small pancakes (8 – 10 cm diameter).
- Fry in the hot clarified butter until golden brown.
- Serve on a plate with a knob of butter and drizzled with maple syrup.