The Best Orange Cream Dessert Recipes are Yummy. Ice cream makes this orange gelatin dessert creamy. Orange juice and mandarin oranges give it an extra punch of orange flavor and a final touch with nut topping.
- Caster sugar 3 tbsp
- Nuts 100 g, Brazilian
- Oranges 2, peeled, with removed and chopped
- Brown sugar 4 tbsp
- Cinnamon 1/2 tsp
- Cream 400 ml
- Vanilla Extractn 1/2 tsp, essence
- Caster sugar 4 tbsp
For the topping
- Place the caster sugar in a small pan with four tablespoons of water and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved.
- Turn up the heat and let the mixture become a caramel colour, swirling the pan from time to time.
- Add the brazil nuts, stir until coated then pour the mixture onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and set aside to cool.
For the orange dessert
- Place the chopped oranges in a pan with the brown sugar, cinnamon and water.
- Heat gently and cook until the liquid is syrupy and the oranges are tender.
- Divide the mixture between four individual serving dishes and set aside to cool.
- When the orange mixture is cool, lightly whip the cream with the vanilla essence until the cream holds soft peaks.
- Spoon the cream on top of the orange mixture and chill for 15 minutes.
- Heat the grill to its highest setting.
- Roughly chop the caramelised brazil nuts.
- Scatter the caster sugar over the top of the cream and place the dishes under the grill until the sugar starts to caramelise.
- Scatter the chopped nuts over the top and serve.