Made from cornmeal and other ingredients, a Corn Cake can be one of the Corn Cake is traditionally cooked on a griddle, over an open fire, or in an oven.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Combine the egg, corn, milk, and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot nonstick griddle. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.