This is a lovely combination of roasted vegetables, couscous, feta cheese, cranberries, and parsley, the main course.
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium beets, peeled and cubed
- ½ medium sweet onion, sliced
- ½ cup chopped raw almonds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon onion powder, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cube vegetable bouillon
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 (4 ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Combine butternut squash, beets, onion, and almonds in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and toss until well combined. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, and salt; mix to combine. Spread out in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring water and bouillon to a boil in a saucepan; remove from heat and stir in couscous. Cover saucepan and let stand until water is absorbed completely, about 10 minutes. Fluff couscous with a fork.
- Combine roasted vegetables, couscous, feta cheese, cranberries, and parsley in a bowl; mix well.