Either you like it or hate, it but at least try it! Serve with fruit and rolls.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, bite-size pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 bunch raw broccoli, with stalk, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
1. Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer
for 20 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside to cool.
2. Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately
remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool, peel, and
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, stirring occasionally,
until no longer pink and juices run clear.
4. Whisk remaining oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl until lightly emulsified;
set aside. Place tomatoes, broccoli, peas, and corn together in a large mixing bowl; toss to
combine. Add chicken, eggs and rice, and toss again. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour
before serving. Toss with dressing to coat just before serving.