This Chinese recipe is a Vegan pancakes. It’s a type of flat pancake and is a regular recipe in china, prepared with scallion.
- All Purpose Flour 250 g
- Salt 1 tsp
- Sesame Oil 2 tbsp
- Scallion 1 bunch, sliced
- Sesame Seeds 2 - 3 tbsp
- Vegetable oil
- Mix together the flour and salt with 140 ml hot water.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until a smooth pastry is formed.
- Shape into a ball, wrap in cling film and chill for 30 min.
- Split the pastry into 4 equal pieces and roll each one out on a floured surface.
- Brush with sesame oil and sprinkle with the spring onions and the sesame seeds.
- Roll up each piece and the shape into a spiral.
- Squash each spiral flat and roll out approx. 0.5 cm thin.
- Heat the oil in a pan at least 1 cm deep and fry each pancake until golden brown.
- Turn each one once. Pat dry with kitchen paper and serve sliced.